Website Mid-West Family Southwest Michigan
On Air, Online, and On Site
Mid-West Family in Southwest Michigan is looking for our next Country morning ‘Star Influencer!” Must have a fierce passion for Country music and live the lifestyle. A minimum of 2 years on-air experience and able to wear a variety of hats in programming, listener engagement and events. The right candidate understands that interaction between the talent, clients, and audience at live broadcasts, appearances, station events, on-air and online is vital to the station’s success.
This is your chance to be a part of a 25+ year legacy country radio station on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan, in Benton Harbor/St. Joseph. Through the years, Y-Country and Mid-West Family have strived to put community first in all that we do, and the right person for this job must also possess the same desire to focus on community.
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Engaging with listeners on air, online and in person.
- Broadcasting live or virtually from remote locations and events.
- Doing ad-lib endorsements/commercials as an ‘influencer.’
- Daily commercial production using Cool Edit software
- Operating control console and remote equipment
- Conducting live and recorded interviews
- Scheduling/editing/merging music and commercial logs.
- May act as emcee for public and/or private events.
- Membership of community organization(s)
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Requires creative, fun loving, innovative individual whose focus is on the listener and the community in whatever they do!
- Passion for today’s Country music, the industry and lifestyle.
- Assist with station and cluster events.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency of relevant social media channels. Ability to engage fully in them using video, audio, podcasts. blogs etc. Providing, producing, and updating relevant content and using social referrals in driving listener traffic to all company social media sites.
- Work with Community Engagement and Events and Sales departments on creative content.
- Assist with special events, programming activities, dbase/data collection and oversight.
- A minimum of two years on-air experience.
- A College degree is preferred, but high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in use of audio/video editing software and broadcast equipment.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Must be creative and innovative with a strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle.
- Must be a positive addition to the Mid-West Family team.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Prior broadcast industry experience.
- Digital and video editing and social media influence.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
Compensation package in alignment with market size and performance, happy to discuss during interview process.
Submit your resume with an audio and/or video demo as well as a statement of your objectives to Paul Layendecker at: email@example.com
- Job Type: Full-time
- Mid-West Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org